Stay Safe at Gusto
Last updated: 14/12/21
How We're Helping You Stay Safe
A NOTE FROM US…
We know there’s some uncertainty in the air right now, but we just wanted to reassure you that we’re still doing everything we can to keep you and our teams safe.
So here’s some information, which we hope you’ll find useful, about what to expect next time you dine with us…
We can’t wait to see you soon.
Matt Snell, CEO, Gusto Italian
DINING WITH US
- You can currently book a party of any size in England.
- In Scotland, please ensure you only dine with a maximum of 3 households.
- Booking in advance is advised (especially for large parties).
- You aren’t required to track and trace in England, but if you want to keep track, the NHS QR code will be available for you to scan. In Scotland, you will still be asked to check in via Test and Protect.
- The details you use to book may be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
- Please do not visit and cancel your table if you are feeling unwell, have any COVID-19 related symptoms or if you’re self-isolating as a precaution.
In Scotland, you are required to wear a mask when entering and walking round our restaurant. You may take your mask off when eating and drink.
In England, we don’t have a mask policy. We respect everyone’s individual choices so please do whatever makes you feel comfortable, we have encouraged our team to do the same. Be rest assured though, we’re carrying out regular & thorough cleaning routines…
SAFE, CLEAN RESTAURANTS
- Anti-viral fogging is used daily to sanitise our restaurant.
- Our teams are continuing to carry out daily lateral flow tests to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All high usage surfaces (such as door handles and toilets) are sanitised every 30 minutes.
- Free sanitiser stations will remain for you to use throughout your visit.
- All menus will be wiped after use.
- Our restaurants are well ventilated and we’ll have windows and doors open where possible.